Adaptive Optics Module
Often in intravital imaging the focus quality is reduced when the excitation beam propagates through the tissue. Imaging with sub-cellular spatial resolution is then extremely difficult as the different tissue components feature significantly different refractive indexes. This results in reduced optical resolution and limited imaging depth. To overcome this problem, the Adaptive Optics Module as an add-on for the TriM Scope II microscope can be used.
- Aberration correction
- Provides higher optical resolution
- Higher imaging depth
- Z-stack acquisition with correction for each layer
Principle of operation
The adaptive element mainly consists of a thin reflective membrane that can be electrostatically deformed by applying a bias voltage to electrostatic electrode actuators close to the back surface of the membrane.
- Adaptive Optics correction patterns can be saved as templates and are adapted to the imaging depth automatically.
- Software interface to Python programming language
- Combinable with LaVision BioTec’s components:
- 4x Cloud Scanner
- Upright and inverted microscope stands
- Doubleheader 2 Stands Option
- Resonant Scanner
- FLIM X16 TCSPC detector
- FLIM X1 TCSPC detector